Featured in
3-Ingredient Breakfasts
These pancakes saved my mornings.
I do not need flour. I do not
need baking powder. I do not need to fuss. I just need 3 ingredients that I
probably already have: eggs, banana, and a little cinnamon. I mash them, mix
them, and fry them. That is it.
These 3-Ingredient Pancakes come
out soft, naturally sweet, and a bit like banana bread in pancake form. The
outside of these 3-Ingredient Pancakes gets golden in the pan while the inside
stays tender. These 3-Ingredient Pancakes are gluten-free, protein-packed, and
ready in 15 minutes.
These 3-Ingredient Pancakes are
perfect for kids, meal prep, or those days when I want pancakes but do not want
to shop. I can add berries, nut butter, or maple syrup. It feels like a real
breakfast treat.
Why I love these 3-Ingredient Pancakes
I love these 3-Ingredient
Pancakes because they are proof that breakfast does not have to be complicated
to be good.
First, these 3-Ingredient
Pancakes only need 3 ingredients. When I am out of flour or milk, I can still
make these 3-Ingredient Pancakes. Eggs and banana are magic. The banana makes
these 3-Ingredient Pancakes sweet. Binds everything the eggs make them fluffy
and protein-rich.
Second, these 3-Ingredient
Pancakes are fast. From craving to plate in 15 minutes. I do not have to wait
for batter to rest; I do not have to measure 8 things. My kids can help me mash
the banana. Fewer dishes mean less stress.
Third, these 3-Ingredient
Pancakes actually taste good. Not like “pancakes" that are sad and
rubbery. These 3-Ingredient Pancakes are soft. Have that caramelized banana
flavor. The edges get crispy. I can add a pat of butter. They disappear.
I also love how customizable
these 3-Ingredient Pancakes are. I can add chocolate chips for the kids. I can
add protein powder after a workout. I can add blueberries for antioxidants.
These 3-Ingredient Pancakes are naturally gluten-free and dairy-free too, so
they work for everyone.
My favorite part is that these
3-Ingredient Pancakes do not spike my blood sugar like pancakes. The banana and
egg combo keeps me full until lunch. These 3-Ingredient Pancakes freeze great
for grab-and-go mornings.
These 3-Ingredient Pancakes are
the pancakes I make when I want comfort without the crash.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4; makes
about 8 small pancakes
Difficulty
level: Easy
Ingredients
The 3 ingredients for these 3-Ingredient Pancakes:
·
2 ripe bananas, the browner the better
·
4 large eggs
·
1 tsp cinnamon
Optional for serving these 3-Ingredient Pancakes:
·
Butter
·
Maple syrup or honey
·
Fresh berries
Tools
o
Mixing bowl
o
Fork or potato masher
o
Whisk
o
Nonstick skillet
o
Spatula
Step-by-Step Instructions
Step 1.
Mash the bananas for these
3-Ingredient Pancakes: I put 2 bananas in a bowl. I mash well with a fork
until there are no big chunks. The riper they are, the easier they mash.
Step 2.
Add eggs and cinnamon to these
3-Ingredient Pancakes: I crack in 4 eggs. I add 1 tsp cinnamon. I whisk
everything together until it is smooth. The batter will be thin; that is
normal. I let it sit 1 minute, so it thickens slightly.
Step 3.
Heat the pan for these
3-Ingredient Pancakes: I put a nonstick skillet over low heat. I add a bit
of butter or oil and swirl to coat. Medium-low is important here. Hot, and
these 3-Ingredient Pancakes burn before the middle cooks.
Step 4.
Pour the 3-Ingredient Pancakes:
I use a 1/4 cup to scoop batter into the pan. I make them small, 3 inches wide.
They are delicate, so smaller is easier to flip. I should get 3-4 per batch.
Step 5.
Cook these 3-Ingredient
Pancakes low and slow: I cook 2-3 minutes until I see bubbles and the edges
look set. The bottom should be golden brown.
Step 6.
Flip these 3-Ingredient Pancakes gently:
I slide a spatula under and flip carefully. These 3-Ingredient Pancakes are
softer than pancakes. I cook another 2 minutes on the side.
Step 7.
Keep these 3-Ingredient
Pancakes warm: I transfer them to a plate. Cover with foil. I repeat with the
remaining batter. I add a little butter to the pan between batches.
Step 8.
Serve these 3-Ingredient
Pancakes: I serve warm with my toppings.
Approximate Macros per serving
of these 3-Ingredient Pancakes
v Calories:
160 kcal
v Carbohydrates:
18 g
v Protein:
8 g
v Fat:
6 g
v Fiber:
2 g
v Sugar:
9 g
v Sodium:
120 mg
Per serving makes 4 servings of
these 3-Ingredient Pancakes
What to serve with these
3-Ingredient Pancakes
I can top these 3-Ingredient
Pancakes with butter and a drizzle of maple syrup. I can add berries and Greek
yogurt for protein. I can spread almond butter on top for staying power. These
3-Ingredient Pancakes are great with a side of bacon or turkey sausage. For
dessert-style, I can add chocolate chips and whipped cream.
Tips and Variations for these
3-Ingredient Pancakes
·
Bananas are key for these 3-Ingredient Pancakes:
Green bananas will not be sweet and will be lumpy. I use spotted ones.
·
3-Ingredient Pancakes: I do not make them big.
They are harder to flip. Can fall apart.
·
Fluffy 3-Ingredient Pancakes: I can add 1/4 tsp
baking powder. 4 Ingredients, but worth it.
·
Chocolate chip 3-Ingredient Pancakes: I can stir
in 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips to the batter.
·
Savory version of these 3-Ingredient Pancakes: I
can skip cinnamon and banana. I can use mashed potato + egg + salt.
Substitutes Note for these 3-Ingredient Pancakes
o
No banana: I can use 1/2 cup unsweetened
pumpkin applesauce. Texture will be different. Still works.
o
No eggs: I can use 2 flax eggs, 2 tbsp
ground flax + 5 tbsp water. These 3-Ingredient Pancakes will not be as fluffy.
o
No cinnamon: I can use vanilla extract or
pumpkin pie spice.
o
Protein boost: I can add 1 scoop vanilla
protein powder. I can add 1-2 tbsp milk to the batter.
o
Dairy-free: These 3-Ingredient Pancakes
are already dairy-free. I just use oil or butter in the pan.
Frequently Asked Questions about these 3-Ingredient
Pancakes.
1. Do these 3-Ingredient Pancakes taste like banana?
Yes, but not overpowering. More like banana bread. If I hate
banana, these are not for me.
2. Why did my 3-Ingredient Pancakes fall apart?
The pan was too hot. The 3-Ingredient Pancakes were too big.
I use low heat and make them small.
3. Can I make the batter ahead for these 3-Ingredient
Pancakes?
Best made fresh. I can mix and refrigerate for 30 minutes. I
whisk again before cooking.
4. Are these 3-Ingredient Pancakes gluten-free?
Yes. No flour at all. Great for gluten-free diets.
5. Can I freeze these 3-Ingredient Pancakes?
Yes. I cool completely and freeze in a bag. I reheat in a toaster
or skillet.
6. How do I make these 3-Ingredient Pancakes less eggy?
I use ripe bananas and add 1/2 tsp of vanilla. The banana
flavor will cover the egg more.
These 3-Ingredient Pancakes are proof that simple can be
delicious. Fast, healthy. So comforting. Once I try these 3-Ingredient Pancakes,
I will keep bananas on hand for this.
Comments
Post a Comment